Friends, strangers, family members, creepers, and foes,
Welcome to our blog! Lauren and I hope to use this blog to update y'all on our crazy journey as we travel over 4000 miles round-trip in search of adventure, some good lobster, and perhaps a few wineries...
Before we begin our journey, we need to clear up a few discrepancies.
1. No, we're not 17 and yes, our parents know we're going on this trip. At least, we think they do...
2. Why Maine? Well, why NOT Maine? Maine has been on our list of places to see for a while, so we figured why not go now? It's so much easier to pack up now and leave for a few days than it will be in a few years when we have big kid jobs, student loans to pay off, and have 9 pm bedtimes.
3. What's there to do in Maine? Loads. Seriously folks. Although it doesn't really contain huge cities, we will have plenty to do. From taking whale watching tours to hiking in Acadia National Park to photographing the windjammers, we will have abundant opportunities to explore this beautiful Northeastern state. We also have plans to visit Montreal, Niagara Falls, and other popular destinations along the way.
4. We probably won't have cell phone coverage in Canada. Here's to disconnecting!
In the words of our friend Alex,
Ciao for now!
Katie and Lauren
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
― Henry David Thoreau, Walden
No comments:
Post a Comment